Unquestionably, the best item I bought for my bikes this year was the Bartender bag from Randi Jo. This bag attaches to your stem and handlebars in the nook where they join together. I cannot say enough good things about this bag. It is great at carrying big and small Kleen Kanteens up to a bigly size (32oz Klean Kanteen) — not like growler size but way bigger than a bottle cage can. The bag is at a perfect height for easily reaching for a quick drink. Nancy’s bike is pretty small and has one bottle cage so it allows her to have a second bottle without cramping her riding space or putting it on her back. You could use it for other things as well if you wanted. You could hold a beer, a wine bottle, probably a classic ‘fifth’ bottle of whiskey, a bag of carrots, a couple of bananas, a pint of cherries, or a very small dog. Please note that these are or not and this is not a grocery bag.
- Extremely well built of waxed canvas.
- Decent color selection.
- Holds a wide variety of bottles.
- Pretty waterproof (hey I use insulated stainless steel bottles. Not like they are going to melt…).
- Mounts securely.
- Does not appear to effect the steering.
- I would not move this bag between bikes often. It mounts well but it is a bit of a pain in the ass. Not a bad design, just the nature of the attachments/space.
- It is waxed canvas so if you are not digging that, there are many other choices that do the same thing.
- If you are a roadie, this is going to look a bit ‘Fred’ like.
If you are even thinking about this, pull the trigger. This is absolutely one of the best and most useful purchases I have ever made for my bike. I would give three thumbs up if I could though that would be more than a bit creepy.